Sunday, September 7, 2008

August 7, 2008

Yesterday, we went sailing with a company that takes out kids with disabilities and their families to sail on the Columbia River. We had an amazing time! It was so relaxing and peaceful. The kids absolutely loved it. What a great experience.

Dave was quite comfortable on the boat.


Lil' Audra was a crazy driver. She thought she was all funny when she tried to make it swerve, but I didn't!


Ahhhh, peace at last!


Isaak was quite subdued the whole time. I think he was just taking it in. He said he loved it. I think the rock of the boat was very soothing to him.




We will definitely need to do it again.

Kids did great their first week of school. Isaak had perfect "reports" each day. He seems to be getting into the swing of things. I assume it's a honeymoon and he will have some issue pop up, but so far, knock on wood. He LOVES his Pre-Calc class. First day he said, "I think I charmed them with my charisma." Yeah, probably. So far, they're just reviewing; I'm sure it will challenge him a little. I looked through the book, and WOWSERS!, I can't remember any of it. Should be fun if he needs help! Lil' Audra is a little down. She's having friend "issues." She says she doesn't have any friends at school (her best friend goes to a different school), and her friends from last year (who she didn't really play with this summer) have sort of made other friends and aren't really including her. Well, normal girlie stuff. I told her to just give it some time. I told her that it took me quite a while to make friends in this ward, but now I have some of the greatest friends I've had. I just had to be patient and get to know people. I'm sure she'll be fine. She's just so dang social, and not having a ton of friends to be social WITH is hard for her.

Well, Isaak wants to blog today, do I should let him.

1 comment:

Penny said...

K... this is just too sad. I would feel bad too, but she'll hook up with someone soon. It's just no fun when your best friend is at another school. Give her a hug for me will you?