Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 21, 2008

I got an offer to publish! Yup, I'm working on a new book, and I'm really excited about it. I developed something in my social groups called The Book Chat where I use children's literature to teach social skills and "autism thinking" skills. Anyway, the international social skills training GURU wants to publish it which is perfect. It will get tons of exposure with the right target audience.

So, now I just have to get it written. Now that I have an offer, though, I feel much more motivated.

Kids have adjusted really well to school. Isaak is doing great! Only minor little "blips" so far, and very few of those. He's feeling confident and proud of himself. He loves his math class. He hasn't been in a math class in a couple of years (only individual work), so I think he's just eating it up. Audra seems to be adjusting better now. She still has her moments, but I think the hard adjustments are slowly passing. I know there will be more, but she'll bounce back. She's so positive about life. Great kids!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Woo hoo!!!! That is so awesome. Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Published?! Again?! How does it feel to be so famous? I was visiting with Dana on my last Seattle trip and she mentioned what amazing things you've done with autism. I'm really impressed. I hope we can get together again on my next trip. I'll keep in touch.

Allyson Risenmay said...

Congratulations on doing a new book!! You are so cool! I'm really happy for you -- now get to work!!

Penny said...

You are such an inspiration to us with your can-do approach to just about anything you set your mind to.

"Book Chat" is an amazing idea. You must have been using children's literature to teach social skills with the autistic kids in your practice and found it to be successful. Such a creative tool, and the perfect test!

David must be so proud of you. I sure am. xoxo

Krista said...

what tremendous new, Audra!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! Will you autography my copy?! What a wonderful way to help sooo many people!