Sunday, April 13, 2008

Isaak 4/13/08 The Autism Walk

(Note: This is actually for Isaak's blog, not for this blog. We couldn't figure out how to get to his blog.)

Today we had something special on our time besides stake conference. (Actually, the Vancouver Ward Children's Choir sang "A Child's Prayer" during the adult session of stake conference, and I was there.) We had something called an autism walk in Oaks Amusement park. There were fun things there.
At first we had to wait in a line. The line was long, but we got moved to a shorter line. And guess what! Mom let us go see Radio Disney, who came here to visit! I got invited to a Radio Disney game. We had to pass a High School Musical Ball all over against 10 people. It's kind of like Hot Potato. At first it was kind of easy, but my sister got out in 7th place. Fortunately, I stayed in for quite a bit. I even was in the final 2! For that, I won Phineas & Ferb Stickers. Then the music stopped, and I WON!! I was so excited; I got the Underdog DVD!
Then came the autism walk. It was a mile long. There were some Autism fun facts along the way. They told us that in Oregon, the chance of having an autistic child is about 1 to 88; compare that to the national average of 1 to 150! We were also cheered on by some teenage girls that we past by. The final sign said, "Thank you for participating in the 6th Annual Autism Walk", at least that's what it least said.
One of my favorites is that we found a clown! He showed us some tricks that he had up his sleeve. He was going to show us a ball and there was none! He tried it 3 times, but then the fourth time he had 2 balls! Then again the fifth time he showed 3 balls! Quite impressive little cookie he was. One time he blew a balloon, then tried to have it bent, but then worked. But when he got some kind of magic thing, he tried to bend it, but it broke in half. Oh, and when he was going to do it at first, the air went out when he wasn't looking. When he had another balloon let go, and I mean "let go", it got twisted in two fingers, then one finger. When he let go, his glove got off! When he left, he said thank you to two kids, and SPANK you to me! How humilating!
Overall, the walk was really good! I'm looking forward to next year's!

No comments: