Friday, August 22, 2008

Old voices

Blasts from the past...

Came across these old tape recordings of the kids. Awww. Of course, the quality's horrible, but it's something!

Here is Audra (Maggie then) at age 4. At the end, you can hear Isaak running away screaming saying, "I don't want to do it!"

This clip is a little longer. When Isaak was 4 (almost 5, I think), his speech therapist (and I) took him to a local radio station to work on asking social questions. He is in his "Millionaire" phase, so he's totally perseverating on it, but it's cute. The clip is about 4 minutes long.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Audra--
This is awesome! Total blast from the past. That radio station was cool. I can't remember now--did Isaak carry that toy mike and wear a "reporter hat"? He did great asking the questions, even if he couldn't allow the DJ to be 43. I love listening to his much-younger voice. It gets that soft spot in my heart.

But why was I making him show off his square roots? Or was that part just for fun? I played the recording for my husband; it cracked him up because he's always doing the same thing with our daughter--you know, teaching her random bits of information and then getting her to recite them for people. "What's the square root of 25" is one of them. Of course, at age 4, Isaak actually UNDERSTOOD the concept of a square root and could figure them out for himself. That kid's amazing. I'm so pleased to hear that he and Audra have been helping you as peers with your groups. It sounds like they're both great at it.

Diane