Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009

Isaak made it home safe and sound from his first overnight Scout camp. I think he had some inflexible moments, but nothing major, and he said he had a great time. Today, I take him to Kiwanis Camp, overnight camp for kids with disabilities, for a week. This year, he's old enough to do a "Tent and Travel" camp where they are camping and doing daily excursions like River Rafting and rope courses. I didn't mean to sign up for one camp after another, but that's just the way it happened.

Maggie gets to spend the week up north with family and friends. She's excited. And I'm excited to have a week home alone! Dave's still on Army duty for another week, so it'll just be me and my work. I plan on getting the first draft of my book complete (fingers crossed) although I do have some clients I have to see. But, I'm really going to shoot for it.

I took the kids to La Push last week with my sister and her kids. It was fun! It's her family annual tradition that we plan to keep crashing. The kids love it.

My good camera battery ran out, so here are some cell phone pics. I got a disposable camera after I took these, but I haven't gotten them developed yet. What a pain film camera's are! :) Those are mostly of when we went into Forks and took silly tourist pictures. It was so fun.

Maggie's crazy hair. She's trying to grow it out. At least I'm encouraging her to. :) She looks better without bangs.


Heh heh


La Push beach. It was overcast and "eery." We kept a watch-out for werewolves.



So, who's seen Harry Potter and who wants to discuss it with me!?!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Don't you love family? Dumb q I guess, but each person is so special. Maggie and I are having a blast. She is the sweetist young lady and so kind and considerate. I will miss her tons when she goes home. Sniff. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Hey mom, you spelled "eerie" wrong.