Thursday, July 24, 2008

July 24, 2008

This is how nerdy I am. I just got back from the theater re-presentation of "War Games"--the 25th anniversary. Man! That is a good movie. I'd forgotten most of it (being that I was probably a young teenager the last time I saw it). So nerdy.

I am now watching the season finale of last season's Gray's Anatomy. Mmmm. Love that show.

So, I have officially started my next book. I have started the outline and let MGW (the social skills guru people) know, and they seem very excited to see it and be a part of it. I think they'll publish it. If not, then I'll go with my old publishers. Anyway, I'm thinking maybe if I let people know I'm working on it, that people will keep me "honest" and will make me keep going!

I have to say, the kids have been doing really good this summer. I have "employed" them to work with certain kids with me and be helpers. Isaak, in particular, has really surprised me. He is a great model and help. It's pretty awesome. He does really good with the social group kids. I mean, he knows this stuff inside and out by now, and he has learned when to wait to give the right answer or be an example. He follows my cues and is patient with the kids that may be displaying "unexpected behavior." He's been awesome.

Wow. Gray's Anatomy has a LOT of commercials.

I gotta get my camera out and take some more pictures. My blog has GOT to be boring. I'm bored, myself. Going to bed now.

3 comments:

Susan M said...

No one wins Tic Tac Toe! We've seen War Games on TV a couple times in recent years. The kids have too. Such a silly movie. It ties with The Net for my favorite silly-computer movie.

I was thinking lately that I wish there was a cheap small theater around that just played old movies.

Penny said...

That is wonderful you have the kids helping. Who better than Isaak?

Can't wait to see you on the 9th.

Sarah said...

That's so sad about the kitty. I remember when Sweet Pea died, I bawled all night and threw-up. That was my first experience with severe grief, I think, and I had no idea it would be so bad with an animal. I'm glad you guys were able to cheer up the kids a bit. :)