Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hawaii Day 4

Time is passing too quickly. It's actually the morning of the 5th day, so we only have two more nights.

Weather has been a little disappointing. Dave loves it, but I wanted cloudless sun. I knew not to expect it this time of year, but still, a girl can hope, right? Day 4 was overcast a good part of the day. We did, however, get to the snorkel place during mid-day sun hours. That was fantastic. I guess it was murky and rough waters more than usual, but I would never have known. I thought it was incredible. At first, Maggie wasn't happy. Having problems with her snorkel gear. I have learned, though, not to push or react to her. I just casually said it was fine; I'd be happy to sit out with her. Told her it was totally up to her what she wanted to do. Didn't fuel the fire. After a few minutes, she settled down and asked to go try it again. Now, if I had *suggested* she go try it again, no way would she have agreed. It had to be her idea. (She's going to read this. Maggie, I LOVE who you are and that you are such a strong person with strong ideas. Don't get me wrong!). Anyway, when we went back in, we switched snorkel gear, and she did much better with my mask. In fact, we saw a huge sea turtle hat we ended up following around for at least 20 minutes. It was so cool.

After a while, they announced on the loud speakers that the tide was high and visibility was very low. A whole lot of people were giving up. And, since we had spend a few hours in the water already, we were ready to go, too. We got showered off and changed and then found a yummy Mexican food place.

Got back to the house, settled down for a little while, went out and got shave ice again (yum!), and then we went to see "A Christmas Carol" at the little local theater. OK. So, it was absolutely MARVELOUS, but not a show for little kids or for people who scare easily (despite being a Disney film). It was quite intense! But, if you can handle a little ghost scare, Robert Zemeckis did an incredible script write, making it more literature than movie. Something to study in an English class. I want to go see it again in 3-D (this was was 2-D). Now, Maggie was not such a fan. Well, she liked the movie in the end, but was quite freaked out! There were some good scares!

Then it was bedtime again. Another wonderful day in paradise.

No comments: